Finding a Plumbers Athens OH on Long Island can be a daunting task when you look at some interesting facts about the Island. First, Long Island is very large. It is approximately 118 miles East to West and 23 miles North to South. Long Island is actually the largest island among the contiguous 48 states. It is also very densely populated. In fact, if it was its own State, it would also be ranked 12th in terms of population, which is over 7.5 million people. Given the large supply of households and commercial spaces requiring plumbing companies, combined with the fact that plumbers tend to be smaller companies, there is a very fragmented plumbing market resulting in hundreds of plumbers to consider. When there are so many plumbers to consider, our opinion is that you should get organized and know what to look for in order to find the right plumbing company.
Here are seven tips to help you find a plumber on Long Island, NY:
1. Ask around. Ask your friends, ask your neighbors and get referrals. Nothing is more powerful than the testament of someone who has had a local plumber in their home and can speak to his/her capabilities.
2. Do independent research using the Yellow pages, search engines and local business listings. Beforehand, make a list of what you are seeking in a plumber on Long Island. For example, years of experience, what services they provide, whether or not they have emergency service, areas of expertise, types of jobs they perform (residential, commercial, industrial) etc. Look for local plumbing service companies that are a match.
3. Look at the plumber’s credentials i.e. is it a licensed plumber? Insured plumber? Trained plumber? Do they have customer testimonials and positive reviews? Is the plumber experienced or are they new plumbers on Long Island? It is recommended that you avoid inexperienced plumbers who are starting out and select a plumber that has the knowledge and problem solving abilities you need to do the job cost effectively without errors the first time.
4. Call the plumber and find out their location and their key cities/towns served. If they are a Suffolk County plumber in Medford, NY, for example, do they mobilize quickly to Nassau County? What is their response time for emergencies? Are you near the plumber’s key areas served? Ask the plumber what makes their Long Island plumbing service unique.
5. Research how Long Island plumbers quote your plumbing job and find out if it meets with your expectations i.e. how important is it to you to know upfront what you will be paying to avoid price adjustments? Even small plumbing jobs can be expensive so it is important to understand 100% how the plumbing service costs out a job in advance.
6. Look at the plumber’s reputation online. Do they look like an experienced plumbing company with a good reputation? See if their website is up to date with relatively new content. How a plumber on Long Island treats all aspects of their business and the level of care put forth could be an indication of how they will work with you too. First impressions do count!
7. Finally, at the beginning, take the time to get quotes from several plumbers and potentially on non-emergency, lower cost jobs. Get a feel for the plumbing company and see how well they fit with your needs. Meet the plumbers in person. Then, when an emergency plumbing problem arrives, you will have a much better solution when time is of the essence.